Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week 1

Week: 1 Total miles run: 12 (3 miles, 3 miles, 6 miles)

Weigt loss: 2 pounds

A successful first official week of training!

The 3 mile runs were easy peasy, but the 6 was a bit of a challenge due to my first taste of to weather running Saturday morning. I better buck up and get used to it, because it's going to be a reality of training over the summer months, and who knows how high the temps could get come the morning of the race. The welcomed weigh loss is in thanks to keeping my low sugar oath (for the most part. The red velvet cupcake at small group was a necessary cheating moment). Also, diet pop didn't touch my lips until Saturday. The naturally flavored sparkling water I found at Trader Joe's was a sufficient substitute. Lastly,I must thank the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone that is reminiscent of the weight watchers tracking tool I used back in the day to loose half a human worth of pounds. The tracker is a good, but humbling, reminder of just how quickly you use up allotted calories for the day. It has me on a 1,200 calorie per day regimen for 2 lbs./week weight loss (mission accomplished! Well, for week 1) and it also lets me track exercise to earn calories back. Self image has continued to be a huge issue for me lately--not just physical appearance, but self worth and the standards by which I tend to measure it. I am seeking to get my mind off myself as much as possible and my thoughts on serving others. On to week 2! Upping the run just a bit, and continuing my sugar/diet pop restriction resolution. Phillipians 2:3-4 Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment