Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 5

Week: 5

Total Miles Run: 19 (5 miles, 5 miles, 9 miles)

Weight loss: Yeah, not so much

The scale is giving me numbers again that I don't like so much. But more importantly, I accomplished a 9 mile run at one of those rare sub-90 degree weather moments of the past few days (which makes it hard to believe I gained 5 lbs. over the weekend, Mr. Scale).  It was a long one, but not horrible.  There were two things in particular I gleaned from that hour and a half of physical challenge. 1) There is a lot of uncollected roadkill on the highways of Mundelein/Wauconda  2) There's nothing like a gruelingly long run to clear your mind of every little trouble and replace it with just one thought: WATER.  I think Americans should spend more time putting themselves in survival mode so they don't forget how trivial most their problems are in the light of basic needs getting met.  Needless to say, when I finally reached home, I destroyed a bottle of Gatorade and nearly destroyed the hungry cat that tried to get in between me and the fridge.

It was definitely a good week of running. It blows my mind that, with all the miles I've put in at this point, I might actually be able to label myself a runner.  I like the sound of that, and if I continue to feel this good, I imagine it's something I want to continue pursuing even after my half.  I always love new pursuits. :)


Therefore my heart is glad and my glory [my inner self] rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety. Psalm 16: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment