Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 3

Week:3

 Total miles run: 12 (4 miles, 4 miles, 4 miles)

Weight loss: (Assuming -1 lbs. last week) Maintained

Okay, okay.  Maintaining weight when I'd ideally like to lose some shouldn't be something to brag about, unless your diet of the last few days included brownies, ice cream, milkshakes, marshmallows, red vines,  and M&M's.  All things considered, I'm pretty darn proud of myself.  All that catastrophic cheating is excused as I was on the Momentum spring retreat, and the biking excursion on Saturday--in which the contents of my stomach were nearly at my throat from the exertion of uphill work--probably incinerated a few hundred of those cals.  I'm also quite proud to announce that, despite a grueling black diamond biking experience, I really have no soreness (save the bike seat butt disease) and ran 4 miles easily today, which is probably a good indication of how conditioned I am already for intense physical workouts. Got to love those tangible gains.

Besides the physical workout, the retreat provided a great spiritual workout.  The topic--male and female relationships--couldn't have been better timed for where I am in life, and it was a much needed reminder about what I'm striving for in my future marriage and the time leading up to it.  I loved Pastor Jason's metaphor, which I just now realized was completely appropriate for my current pursuit.  He likened finding God's match for us to running the race continually toward Christ and one day looking to beside us to find that special someone running at pace with you.  I don't need to be taking any side trips or detours or changing pace to accommodate the One.  He should be my running buddy, helping me all the more in the race.

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
 1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment