Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 6

Week: 6
Total miles run: 14 (4 miles, 4 miles, 6 miles)

Well, I'm throwing in the towel on tracking my weight loss because it just doesn't seem to be happening despite more running and no real changes in diet.  I continue to celebrate changes in how my clothes fit and am feeling good, so that satisfies the vanity aspect for me.

With a pretty mild week of training, the real highlight was the bonus work out I received Saturday evening at the wedding reception of my friends, Jason and Christi.  If there was an inter-church freestyle dancing competition, I'm pretty sure the honors would go to mine.  I was among some good company to rock the dance floor.  I've taken a lot of joy in dancing since my 2007 weight loss, since it prevented me from even venturing onto a dance floor in the past.  I may look like a spastic idiot dancing--and many of my friends can vouch for that--but I sure don't feel self-conscious anymore about it.  My conditioning  only contributed to the idiocy because, with something like 87 miles under my belt in the last 6 weeks,  I could have danced to House of Pain all night.

Week 7 is the climax of my training, with the longest run of my life in store.  I've been feeling a little tight and achy lately, but feel blessed to have had no major obstacles to my health all this time. 

Less than a month until the big race!

Psalm 149:3
Let them praise his name in the dance:

No comments:

Post a Comment