Monday, July 2, 2012

Week 7

Week: 7
Total miles: 20 (5 miles, 5 miles, 10 miles)

If there was a word to describe this week, it would probably be Extreme.  Unfortunately, some of that extreme had to do with my eating.  I am really good at taking healthful foods and making them not so healthful by eating them in mass proportions.

However, I was plenty active, too. I suppose the apex of the week was taking part in the Dirty Girl Run: a 5K with about 10 insane obstacles in between including scaling a vertical wall, army crawling under a net about 6 inches off the ground, and lots and lots of mud baths.  I went full out on the course and, as a result, am having trouble lifting my arms to so much as get dressed in the morning.

To keep the insanity going, I had my longest run of the training regime--10 miles.  Besides the rabid thirst I always experience in the last few miles, it was a success!  I'm pretty confident that I am going to be able to run the full 13.1 come race day (God willing)! The funniest thing: about half way through my run I ran by a guy I recognized as "Mr. Magic" from Runner's Edge.  How appropriate he be apart of what he helped happen with my fantastic shoes! I did not bother to try to talk to him as I was dead set to keep running, and thought it'd be mighty embarrassing if he didn't recognize me dripping sweat and looking like death. I just internalized my surprise and ran on.

Summer has definitely treated me well thus far--plenty of friends, fun, and plenty of sunshine and that's all I can ask of my summer. 

It's officially race month!

I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]. Philippians 4: 13

No comments:

Post a Comment